Re: rcirc multiline nick adding

From: Nic James Ferrier
Subject: Re: rcirc multiline nick adding
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 00:35:27 +0100

>     >     I was having a problem with multiline not sending proper multiline
>     >     messages with bitlbee. This diff fixes it for me... not sure if
>     >     anybody else ever had the same problem.
>     >
>     > Would someone please DTRT with this, then ack?
>
>     I posted it to see if some better method could be suggested... it
>     doesn't work on it's own.
>
> First you said that diff fixes it.
> Then you said it does not work on its own.
> Which one is it?

Sorry. To be specific:

the diff works for *my* usage with rcirc - and it is vital for that
use case. But I use rcirc in quite a restricted way (mostly not
general irc but for IM systems like jabber via a gateway).

A couple of suggestions have been made about how I can generalize the
fix and I'm exploring them.

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk