Re: ugliness in simple.el CVS log

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: ugliness in simple.el CVS log
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 13:09:48 +0900

> How did it happen that you put in this gigantic log entry?
>
> revision 1.616.2.62.2.3
> date: 2006-07-07 03:05:37 +0000;  author: miles;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -2
> Merge from emacs--unicode--0

I can't say offhand; it looks like my merging scripts were inadvertently
setup to parse the changelogs to create a cvs log entry (that's
something which works well in certain cases, but generally isn't good
for non-trunk branches in Emacs -- note that this particular commit was
on the "unicode-xft" branch).

As it's the only such entry, I apparently realized the problem and
corrected it after that.

[BTW, it's possible to correct CVS log message using "cvs admin"
command; I can get rid of all the extra text in this log entry if you
want.]

-Miles

--
`There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
 Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.'