Re: Emacs 22 branch created.

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Emacs 22 branch created.
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 22:24:44 +0100

Stefan Monnier wrote:
I don't know the -A flag to tag (could it be a cvsnt-ism?)

That probably explains why I can't find any documentation for what it actually does.

The best I've found so far is:

    cvs admin -N <newname>:<oldname>
    cvs admin -n <oldname>

the first may be equivalent to

    cvs admin -n <newname>:<oldname>

and the second may be equivalent to

    cvs tag -B -d <oldname>

I've just tried it on emacs/admin/notes/toto and it seems to work.

I've found mention on the web that it won't DTRT for files in the Attic. Since we've deleted python.el from the branch, it might be too much of a risk to change the tag names now.