GNU Emacs 22.0.99.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2007-04-24: cua-mode inte

From: Eric Lilja
Subject: GNU Emacs 22.0.99.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2007-04-24: cua-mode interfers with comment-region
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 19:16:06 +0200

Hello! Don't know if this is a bug or if this is supposed to happen, but here it goes...
I'm using the Emacs' version mentioned in the subject.

Say I do:
emacs -Q foo.cpp&
type, for example, #include, select it with the mouse then issue comment-region with C-c C-c, the selection is instantly commented out

If I try this again, but just before performing comment-region, I enable cua-mode: M-x cua-mode, what happens after I perform comment-region is that the minibuffer (correct name?) displays C-c- as if only the first C-c was registered if I type C-c again the region is commented out. So put it short, with cua-mode enabled I have to type C-c three times in a CC-mode buffer to comment out the selected region.

I have no routine in filing bug reports, so please be gentle. I must also admit I have little clue actually what cua-mode does, but I was told to enable it for nxhtml.

- Eric