Re: dired mode recursive delete

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: dired mode recursive delete
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 21:42:09 +0300

>> I think that `top' would be an ok default.
>> Let's change the default in the trunk.
>
> Done.  Also for dired-recursive-copies (it seems pointless to have
> that setting more timid than that for deletion).

As for dired-recursive-copies, one could argue even in favor of using 'always
as the default value since this operation is not as dangerous as deletion.

If this is not desirable, I think even `top' is much better than nil.
Please don't forget that the documentation of these options still mention
old defaults.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/