RE: display.texi: (<line>,<col>) isn't documented.

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: display.texi: (<line>,<col>) isn't documented.
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 22:32:19 -0700

> > It's only a minor feature. It's really not a big deal either
> > way: no great loss if it is not made available, no great
> > convenience if it is. If added, it should be optional, of
> > course, and perhaps limited to use with transient
> > mark mode. I find it handy; you might not.
>
> When transient-mark-mode is enabled, it gets used a _lot_, and having it
> constantly produce chatty messages informing me (and in the process
> obscuring other information) about stuff which is only occasionally
> useful... well it just sounds kind of annoying.

There are no messages. There is only an indicator in the mode line. I'm
attaching the image I sent earlier.

I apparently mixed up two different threads - sorry about that. The proposal
I made was in thread "mode line: 1) indicate region size, if active; 2)
highlight column # if > limit", sent 2007-06-06.

> > Did you try it?
>
> Where is "it", anyway?  This is a big thread, and I don't see any
> obvious patches from you...

My bad for mixing the threads. "It", in what I wrote above, is the region
indicator. The description is in the 6/6/2007 email. The code is here:
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/modeline-posn.el.