Re: Post-22.1 development?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Post-22.1 development?
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 04:07:23 -0400

    Changing this requires about 50-100 lines of code (including comments)
    and it can be done without major impact on the rest of the multi-tty
    functionality (it has happened a few times on the multi-tty branch
    already).

These facts don't invalidate Kastrup's point.  What's important is the
way other programs should access the environment.  We have to get that
right, in multi-tty, before we merge multi-tty.