Info: Emacs build using VC 2005 (VC8) failure

From: dhruva
Subject: Info: Emacs build using VC 2005 (VC8) failure
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 14:39:11 +0530

Hi,
When I try to build GNU Emacs (HEAD) using Visual Studio 2005 (VC8)
on Windows 2003, it fails. This is not one of the most widely used
version of the MS compiler yet, I will explore further and post me
findings. There are some top level changes in the new version of the
compiler. It has safe variants for lot of string handling functions
and throws a whole lot of warnings (DEPRECATED) messages. The main
change is that MS has decided not to ship "libc.lib" and instead
supplies only the "libcmt.lib" (thread safe version). In the GNU Emacs
makefile (on Windows), it hard codes the linking with "libc.lib".
There are further issues which I am in the process of finding (and
probably fixing it too).

with best regards,
dhruva

--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Contents reflect my personal views only!