Re: Don't concat directories to file names

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Don't concat directories to file names
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 02:50:15 +0200

On 6/16/07, Miles Bader <address@hidden> wrote:

If the xemacs people also use the directory for more than init files,
they could even make the same change to their system
... variable-aliases are quite nice for backward compability!

I won't argue the point, but it seems to me a bit silly having to add
a new variable alias (and forcing the XEmacs people to add another)
just for that; more so when the variable didn't exist less than a week
ago (in Emacs).

And, all in all, `user-emacs-directory' is a bad name IMO.

            Juanma