Re: Syncing Gnus and Emacs repositories

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Syncing Gnus and Emacs repositories
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 13:48:33 +0300

> From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 00:12:56 +0200
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, Nick Roberts <address@hidden>,
>       address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> It just appears quite pointless to be driving with the handbrake on
> after we passed the point of the release.

I don't necessarily agree with Richard's decision, but can you explain
why should it be a drag on the development?  If someone wants to make
far-reaching changes, they could always switch to the Unicode branch
and make them there, can't they?

Also, please note that it was Ken'ichi who asked not to make changes
on the trunk that would make it harder to merge the Unicode branch;
if you want to be fair, why don't you lobby Ken'ichi as hard as you
lobby Richard?

> The current plan, however, seems to be "let's achieve as little as
> possible over as long as possible".

That's just being vicious, David.  There are ways to say what you want
without assuming malicious intent such as this, which Richard clearly
cannot have.