Re: new image library "requirements"

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: new image library "requirements"
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 06:18:56 +0300

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 18:26:00 -0400
>
> An error message is the right thing when a crucial feature
> that ought to work would fail due to missing headers.

How is the case of image libraries different from the X headers and
libraries?  Currently, if X headers and/or libraries were not found
by the configure script, we just print this in the summary at the end
of configure, and continue as if --without-x was specified.  Are you
saying that X support is less crucial than image support?