Re: trunk not building on OSX

From: Randal L. Schwartz
Subject: Re: trunk not building on OSX
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 11:33:29 -0700

Jan> Hello.
Jan> I do not have this problem. How do you configure Emacs?

This was a weird problem, and I think there's still a problem somehow.

I did a git bisect between the version the day before, and the broken
version.  Each time, I did a "git clean -f -x" which wipes everything
but the commit, and:

  ./autogen.sh
  ./configure --with-ns --without-x --without-dbus \
  --with-jpeg=no --with-gif=no --with-tiff=no --prefix=/tmp/emacs

to configure, followed by "make clean bootstrap install" to build.

Now the weird part.  Every single one I did, worked just fine.
So the bisect told me the "last good commit" was in fact the one before
the origin/master.

On a whim, I built origin/master again... and this time it worked.

It should not have.  I was unable to get it to *fail* as it had earlier,
even though I was building exactly the same way.

Is there some part of the build running in parallel, and I was running
into timing issues?  I've actually seen this error before, but only
sporadically.

<address@hidden> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>