Proposal: lisp function for gtk-application-prefer-dark-theme

From: Antono Vasiljev
Subject: Proposal: lisp function for gtk-application-prefer-dark-theme
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 17:56:10 +0300

Hello,

I would like to be able setup emacs to use dark GTK theme variant[0].

GTK apps usually provide such possibliity via GSettings property
gtk-application-prefer-dark-theme[1].  I wonder how can it be binded to
elisp function (best file for such function).

I think this function should do nothing when emacs compiled without gtk3.
It could be useful in current theme engine in order to provide visual
consistency for themes with dark backgound.

Any ideas, objections, suggestions?

[0]: http://antono.info/files/images/screen/emacs-light-and-dark.png
[1]: http://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/3.2/GtkSettings.html

--