Re: Emacs on OS X development

From: René Kyllingstad
Subject: Re: Emacs on OS X development
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 16:00:55 +0200

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 2:09 PM, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> back to nsport. The difference is that noticeable. We have been hoping the
>>> nsport get better. It seems 3 years have passed.
>> Waiting ain't gonna fix it, indeed.
> Stefan, I want to bring up again the possibility of switching the Mac port
> over to Yamamoto's code.  Is there any reason not to?

The main reason is that the ns code can work under GNUstep.

At this point it seems like OS X and GNUstep are two different systems with a common ancestor in NeXTSTEP.

Adding the Mac Port to bzr would allow them to develop along with the system they target, at the same time as it makes it much easier to share code where it makes sense.

-- René