Re: Modifying Emacs to use the Mac OS X Keychain Services

From: Dave Abrahams
Subject: Re: Modifying Emacs to use the Mac OS X Keychain Services
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 11:20:17 -0400

Did anything come of this?  I am really tired of typing in my GPG key
every time I start Gnus.  I'd be more than happy to have a solution that
just used /usr/bin/security to look up the password; I don't need more
security than that.

I looked a bit at the "secrets" API but could understand it easily
enough to code something up.  I just want Emacs to run

   /usr/bin/security --find-internet-password -gs <hostname> <username>

to get the password for my mail server.

TIA,

Dave

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing                  Software Development        Training