OS X / nextstep port: Loss of keyboard events

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen
Subject: OS X / nextstep port: Loss of keyboard events
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 18:36:49 +0100 (CET)

Once in a while, some frame stops receiving keyboard events. It keeps
receiving mouse events, so I can move the cursor around and so forth,
but typing into the frame has no effect.

Apparently, if I just keep typing random junk into the frame, the
problem will resolve itself, with most of the input lost. (This is a
new observation, not yet thoroughly confirmed. Previously, I would
just kill the frame and open a new one.) In any case, the problem
only affects one frame, and other frames work as usual.

This is happening on OS X, --with-ns, recent builds from trunk. I
think the problem has been around for quite a while (i.e., weeks), but
I just haven't gotten around to reporting it until now.

I'd file a bug report, but the problem is that I have no idea how to
reproduce the problem. It just happens at random times.

Do other OS X users see this? Can you suggest something I could try to
get more information next time it happens? I gather that the event
loop is notoriously hard to debug, however.

- Harald