Why '`C-h f' now reports previously-autoloaded functions as "autoloaded"

From: Leo Liu
Subject: Why '`C-h f' now reports previously-autoloaded functions as "autoloaded"'
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 13:55:46 +0800

I have been trying to get used to this feature since 24.2.90 and I have
found it worse than previous behaviour. What is the rationale behind the
change?

In my use case, all autoloads (i.e. important public entries of a
package) are generated automatically and not hand written. I used to
quickly check, say C-h f ZZZ-mode (I cannot remember/care all the
autoloads in a package but those 2 or 3 important ones) to see if it has
been loaded after modifying its variables (some of them might need set
before package is loaded). The new behaviour leaves me clueless.

Leo