Re: please review bug #13141

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: please review bug #13141
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 11:52:18 +0900

Glenn Morris writes:

 > If any of you corresponding on this want something useful to do, there
 > are hundreds (literally) of more important bugs currently open.
 >
 > If you prefer to keep chatting, could you please at least confine it to
 > one mailing list?

It's OK if you're annoyed, but please step down the sarcasm.  It has a
perverse effect, since we disagree with your opinion of what's useful.

A suggestion: you could add a feature to debbugs such that if any of a
list of mailing list addresses appears among the addressees, a message
is sent to the author asking for confirmation that they want to spam
both lists.  This would require users to do something positive to
actually send mail to a bug, and might even teach some of them to
delete bug addresses before sending.

Alternatively, you could teach your MUA to refuse to display
duplicates.