Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 21:26:01 +0100

Daniel Colascione <address@hidden> writes:

> On 03/05/2014 06:07 AM, David Kastrup wrote:
>> If you actually stoop low enough to interpret his "analogy", the
>> conclusion you end up with is that he claims that neither Richard nor
>> I know what programming and/or free software is like while talking about
>> it.
>
> The analogy is perfectly applicable when it comes to modern C++
> programming, and you've made a point of eschewing C++.

If you'd bother checking the bug trackers, you'd find that I tracked
down and reported several code generation problems with C++ to GCC in
the last years.  One of them was actually critical enough that it
contributed to delaying a scheduled Fedora release.

It's not all that surprising since I am fulltime project lead for GNU
LilyPond which has a C++ core.  You can probably guess who wrote the
patches to the LilyPond code base in order to make it to compile under
Clang.

May I kindly suggest that you pick another theme for your ad hominem
attacks in order to lend your arguments more weight?  It would appear
that they are in sore need of it.

--
David Kastrup