RE: "Adobe Brackets like" editing in emacs

From: arthur miller
Subject: RE: "Adobe Brackets like" editing in emacs
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 10:01:04 +0100

Here is a picture of how it looks like:

http://dev.brackets.io/preso/intro/assets/features/brackets-quick-edit-js.PNG

I don't know if they have trademark for "quick edit" :-), but since they actually develop Brackets as open source, I hope they keep their terms open source as well. I also hope they didn't patented :).

As Stephan wrote, it could be seen as analogy to a link, but instead of visiting a link the text is pulled into the current buffer under the cursor. I used "intellisense" analogy because I was thinking of context awareness indeed, not of the looks. But link analaogy is indeed better.

I think difference of editing in new window, versus pulling piece of buffer into same window, makeing seemles illusion of editing same file, is workflow
enhacement. If I may take freedom to allude on another such workflow enhacement, I would compare it to difference between Vi and Emacs, and "direct  text" editing as in Emacs compared to "command mode" editing as in Vi. I think it is such kind of a difference.