Re: "Adobe Brackets like" editing in emacs

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: "Adobe Brackets like" editing in emacs
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 10:18:08 +0000

That is kind of useful -- basically you are including a second file into
the current editing context so you can edit in-place as it were.

I've been working on a tool called "linked-buffer" which allows me to
edit two files (with somewhat different contents) at the same time. The
same technique might work here -- you would need to put the text of
interest into the buffer, then ensure any changes to that would
percolate backward to the main file.

Phil