RE: "Adobe Brackets like" editing in emacs

From: arthur miller
Subject: RE: "Adobe Brackets like" editing in emacs
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 17:43:14 +0100

> EZ> I don't get it: switching between adjacent windows is a single
> EZ> keystroke away (bind it to a key, if you are annoyed by "C-x o")
Of course it is not difficult to switch between windows with a shortcut or C-x o, but look att this way:

It is not difficult to press 'v' to enter "visual mode" or 'i' to enter insert mode in Vim. Yet, we take it for granted
in almost all modern text editors that certain features are always "present". No new editor is constructed
to not be able to edit text in "immidiate mode" if I may call it so.

If you look back at requested feature, instead of pressing C-x o to switch to another buffer, one press
(hypotetically) C-x e, and the correct file with correct position opens under the cursor.

Before one can use C-x o, user has to open correct file and split window, and than once switched to another
buffer, find the right spot in the file. Now imagine if all of those small steps are gone, and we can open
say main file, and from there automatically be pointed to correct files and positions in file on request as needed.

It may be possible with just a minor mode; I would be fine with that too, I am just looking for functionality, not the looks,
albeit looks might be helpful to make less distraction.

It is just some thoughts :).