Re: Changes that should go into version 24.4

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Changes that should go into version 24.4
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 10:44:59 +0200

> Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 18:57:03 -0700
> From: Daniel Colascione <address@hidden>
>
> the subr.el one should be in neither branch. It papers over a
> release-blocking bug. We shouldn't release 24.4 until we've figured
> out why the hell the GC randomly crashes. You can't even be sure
> that your lisp hack even fixes the problem.

Since (evidently) no one is actively works on fixing that bug, I see
no reasons to punish people who run the trunk codebase by imposing on
them random crashes they cannot recover from.  As long as the bug
remains open, we didn't forget about it, and will fix it eventually;
in the meantime, let users have one less reason for crashes.