Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp

From: Michal Nazarewicz
Subject: Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 20:45:23 +0200

On Fri, Mar 28 2014, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
> Also, this limit is only useful if it completely avoids a CA, not if it
> just delays it.  If someone contributed 50 patches, he's likely to end
> up wanting/able to contribute more than 100.

That's exactly the point.  Make first few patches as easy to submit as
possible, and once the contributor is familiar with the process, she
won't be intimidated by a CA so much.

I'm aware of the “20 lines worth of code” limit, because my very first
patch fell into that category.  And I was glad I did not have to sign
the CA.

CA may not be that big of an issue, but for someone who's about to send
her first patch to an unknown group of people it's yet another obstacle
to overcome.

--
Best regards,                                         _     _
.o. | Liege of Serenely Enlightened Majesty of      o' \,=./ `o