Re: Preview: portable dumper

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Preview: portable dumper
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2016 16:30:37 -0500

  > So you think that bugs should only be fixed by those who are
  > personally bothered by them in their routine Emacs usage?  That would
  > leave most of the bugs unfixed.  It would also mean that bugs reported
  > by users who are not programmers, or who cannot afford investing
  > enough time to learn the relevant parts of the Emacs code, will never
  > be fixed; if such users are bothered enough by these bugs, their only
  > choice is simply to stop using Emacs.

The measure of real commitment to development of Emacs (or any free program)
is willingness to fix bugs _because that's important_ and not just
because they bother you.

Daniel, after the portable dumper is done, would you like to learn
some area of the display code where bugs are waiting to be fixed?

--
Dr Richard Stallman