Re: Please test the merge of the concurrency branch

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Please test the merge of the concurrency branch
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 10:11:17 +0100

Ken Raeburn <address@hidden> writes:

> The branch builds & runs fine for me on Mac OS X 10.11.6 (i.e., one
> major release out of date).  Only tested with a few hours of normal
> code editing work locally and via TRAMP so far though.

When time permits I'll check how Tramp could profit from the
concurrency. First I'll release Tramp 2.3.1, so it might still take a
couple of weeks.

If people have proposals what to change in Tramp wrt concurrency, please
say so. Of course I know that, for example, file copying shall not block
further Emacs use, but I'm still uncertain how to integrate this. As of
today, all callers of `copy-file' and friends do expect, that the
copying has finished once the function returns.

> Ken

Best regards, Michael.