Re: official Emacs Docker image

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: official Emacs Docker image
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 09:21:39 -0500

On Wed, 01 Feb 2017 21:53:27 -0500 Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

>> I went to Docker Hub, turned off JS, and was able to use the settings
>> dialogs necessary to maintain the "gnuemacs" account going forward.
>> Account creation also seemed to work.

RS> That's sounds favorable.  But could you please compare notes with Mike
RS> Gurwitz about what does or doesn't require nonfree JS code?  You and
RS> he are getting different results; the anomaly is troubling.

Unfortunately I was rushed and meant to write "organization account
creation" within an existing Docker Hub user account (you need one to
create an organization). I did not test creating the user account. But I
don't think any of that will make a difference.

At this point I've lost interest and will not continue this work. I
don't see a way to reconcile your positions with my reality, and can't
change either.

RS> Please don't try to push us to "move on" without establishing
RS> the facts of the situation clearly.

I think we can move on with other things now.

Thanks
Ted