Re: Sync up the org in emacs master to org maint branch?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Sync up the org in emacs master to org maint branch?
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2017 16:23:58 +0200

On 02.02.2017 14:10, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

If Django had traditionally always been distributed along with Python,
and maintained in the Python repo,

I'm pretty sure the first versions of Emacs came without Gnus. Later, it got bundled. Some time after that, Org and CEDET joined too.

All of that was before we got ELPA and with it, a very easy way for users to install third-party packages.

and the suggestion now would be to
move Django to a part of the Python repo that very few developers look
at,

I've never looked at the Gnus source code either, even inside the Emacs repository.

but Django would continue to be distributed with Python, and all
Django bug reports would continue to go to the Python bug repository,
and Python developers would continue to be responsible for QA and bug
fixing of Django.

You could introduce a separate bug tracker, if that helps.