Re: How to ship native modules?

From: Elias Mårtenson
Subject: Re: How to ship native modules?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 23:48:37 +0800

On 21 Feb 2017 11:24 PM, "Stefan Monnier" <address@hidden> wrote:
> You can provide a small Makefile that the user will have to invoke in
> order to compile the C source.

The user doesn't even have to invoke it: package-install can invoke it
(indirectly) by having something akin to

    (eval-when-compile (shell-command "make"))

in one of the Elisp files.

I thought ELPA packages could only contain el files? (granted, even if that is the case, I could always encode the C code in elisp code, but that's a bit ugly)