Re: Continuous integration

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Continuous integration
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 12:25:28 -0700

TZ> I'd like to start collecting evaluation criteria for a CI solution for
TZ> Emacs developers. We'll evaluate BuildBot, Hydra, and GitLab and any
TZ> others people feel should be considered. Everyone will have a chance to
TZ> comment, vote, and contribute. But first we have to agree on what we're
TZ> evaluating.

There has been some exploration done on GitLab already, I wonder if they have
some data to share with you?

TZ> What features of a CI solution do you consider important that we can rate
TZ> objectively?

Letting us know when the build fails, which commit caused it to fail, and the
ability to do this on all the platforms that we care about.

Some of the other features that have been discussed, such as code review and
pull requests, are nice, but I think not necessary just to have a helpful CI.