Re: Licence of ts-comint

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Licence of ts-comint
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 10:54:32 -0700

On 08/22/2017 10:33 AM, John Yates wrote:
Reminds me of the importance a population
​ experiencing widespread famine
attach
​es​
​
freedom of the press.

Although we're straying from the subject a bit, it's well known that a free press and other democratic institutions help combat the threat of famine. For more, please see Amartya Sen's writings on the topic. Sen was inspired by the Bengal famine of 1943, which killed three million people despite the fact there was adequate food supply in the area! Nothing like this famine has happened in India since it became free of British rule and has enjoyed some measure of democracy.

The analogy to software freedom should be obvious.