Re: Regarding Emacs, js.el, template-strings and syntax-tables

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Regarding Emacs, js.el, template-strings and syntax-tables
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 10:20:05 -0400

> In all cases I've seen, the content is displayed using
> `font-lock-variable-name-face', even for the cases where the content is
> more complex than a plain variable. I would say that this is OK, as they
> stand out and, most of the time, it is a plain variable anyway.

Interesting.  So the way this should be handled might vary between
languages: in sh such nesting is common, with fairly complex code nested
inside string, whereas from what you say in Ruby this is sufficiently
rare that we may prefer to use another approach (that doesn't work as
well in the general case but is nicer in the simple(&common) case).

        Stefan