Re: Linking to ImageMagick by default

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Linking to ImageMagick by default
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2018 12:24:03 -0500

Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> Without image scaling, modes that display images become pretty
> worthless.

I think that is an issue that will vary from person to person.

> I think the long term solution here is to implement image scaling in
> Emacs (probably not very hard) and then drop ImageMagick-by-default
> after that's been done.

Do you have an opinion of GraphicsMagick?
It claims to be more stable and secure than ImageMagick.
I guess that someone who knows the Emacs ImageMagick code could port it
to GraphicsMagick fairly easily. (I don't, and didn't, bug#14358).