Re: 900276502f..: Paul Eggert 2018-11-13 Act like POSIX sh if $HOME is r

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: 900276502f..: Paul Eggert 2018-11-13 Act like POSIX sh if $HOME is relative
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 17:19:15 +0000

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 4:56 PM Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> wrote:
> Every time I start Emacs, or everytime someone in my $DAYJOB starts Emacs
> after upgrading to Emacs 27.  Frequent enough?

I was asking about an heuristic to estimate the hypothetical fraction of
affected users. Something like "I know two guys on the Internet with the
same problem."

OK. So it's more like "I know 50 guys/gals in the same building."

>> What applications are those that don't admit
>> an slash after the volume letter in HOME?
>>

> 30-year+ old, big bad misbehaving Lisp-based applications.  Kinda like
> Emacs, I suppose :-)

Let me guess: those applications share the same runtime and/or
libraries.

Nope. No shared libraries here. Wish there were, tbh, but nope.

We'd all sooner be told to start changing environment vars furiously
(or never upgrade to Emacs 27) than fixing and rebuilding every
such application.

João