Emacs VC issue

From: Live System User
Subject: Emacs VC issue
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 03:01:48 -0500

Hi,

        I am currently experiencing an issue with the Emacs
        master repo and "vc-update".

        When I go to "pull", I get the following error:

Running "git pull --stat"...
>From git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs
   3edddba..61dbe6b  master     -> origin/master
error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:
        src/macuvs.h
Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.
Aborting
Updating 8c28ac8..61dbe6b

        Since I did not make any "local changes" (I only do
        pull and "make"), I suspect that something happened
        on the remote's end.

        Eventuslly that would get fixed on the remote end
        especially as other people encounter the same issue
        and some maintainer rectified the problem.  Then a
        subsequent "vc-update" would be successful and I
        would be unstuck. However, since the problem still
        persists, perfaps others resolved it "locally"
        somehow?  I don't have a modified src/macuvs.h
        file to stash and I'm not doing a "merge".
        Using the Emacs VC facilities, how can I
        fix/solve this so that I can vc-update
        successfully again?

        Thanks.