Re: [Emacs-diffs] scratch/fix-33794-extend-electric-layout-mode 41a9132:

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] scratch/fix-33794-extend-electric-layout-mode 41a9132: Extend electric-layout-mode to handle more complex layouts
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2018 21:23:25 +0000

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> +            ('after-stay (save-excursion
>> +                           (let ((electric-layout-rules nil)
>> +                                 (electric-pair-open-newline-between-pairs
>> nil))
>> +                             (newline 1 t))))
>
> I think the above let-binding of
> electric-pair-open-newline-between-pairs deserves a FIXME as well,
> because electric-layout-mode should ideally not need to know such
> details of about electric-pair-mode.

Done.  Indeed, as I described in the fixme
electric-pair-open-newline-between-pairs is really a question of layout
(not pairing) and thus a responsibility of e-l-m, but its API is not
powerful enough yet to detect the exact situation yet.  So it seems
reasonable for now to do this, especially since
electric-pair-open-newline-between-pairs is a part of e-p-m's external
interface.

João