Re: Window change functions

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Window change functions
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2019 11:18:28 +0100

> For example, I have a window-size-change-functions which I use to
> re-balance windows (using balance-window-area) after a frame resize.

Have you ever tried without that?  Resizing a frame should resize
windows proportionally which, if windows were balanced before the
resizing, should leave them balanced afterwards.

> It doesn't care about the exact window sizes when it's called, so having
> correct window sizes when it's called is not necessary.  OTOH redisplay
> will need to happen right after it was run, because it changes
> window sizes.  So the best time to run it is right before redisplay.

Not really.  The run_window_change_functions calls in redisplay come
right after do_pending_window_change calls.  So the former should in
the fastest possible way pick up any changes caused by the latter.

martin