Re: Emacs pretest 26.1.91 is out

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Emacs pretest 26.1.91 is out
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 16:59:19 -0800

On 1/7/19 2:11 PM, Glenn Morris wrote:
Diffing against the previous pretest tarfile (always useful) reveals an
extraneous src/stamp-h.in. This file was deleted two years ago in
2f89350, before the emacs-26 branch was even created.

While we're on the subject of what goes into the distribution, several files are under version control but are not in the distribution tarball. They are:

.gitattributes
.gitignore
.gitlab-ci.yml
GNUmakefile
INSTALL.REPO
build-aux/git-hooks/commit-msg
build-aux/git-hooks/pre-commit
msdos/autogen

plus the entire 'test' subdirectory. Shouldn't we be distributing all the actual source that we develop with, even if it's not needed to build the tarball? That would seem to be more the GNU Way.