Re: Performance degradation from long lines

From: Phil Sainty
Subject: Re: Performance degradation from long lines
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2019 14:03:14 +1300

I've pushed a branch scratch/so-long with release-candidate code for
including so-long.el in Emacs 27 (and for the GNU ELPA package).

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/log?h=scratch/so-long

Nothing very significant has changed in the library since my last two
messages at the end of December, so all of that still applies.  I've
improved the documentation further and polished up a few rough edges.

I've added a node for the Emacs manual with a rudimentary description
of the issue.  This is mostly to acknowledge the problem, and point
readers to the new library and its Commentary.  This could doubtless
be expanded upon by others.

-Phil