Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 55ec674: * lisp/multifile.el: New file, extract

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 55ec674: * lisp/multifile.el: New file, extracted from etags.el
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 07:49:08 -0500

> I'm not adding this to master because this does not support
> project-vc-ignores (or grep-find-ignored-files).

Not sure why you think it should obey grep-find-ignored-files, but
I think the project-vc-ignores variable is an error: project-vc-ignores
should be a function that returns the set of files ignored by the
underlying VCS, not something that the user sets in Emacs.

So I think the code you sent which uses `git ls-files` is doing the
right thing (it correctly ignores those files which project-vc-ignores
should return).

        Stefan