RE: eldoc vs minibuffer-auto-raise

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: eldoc vs minibuffer-auto-raise
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2019 08:20:59 -0800 (PST)

> (setq minibuffer-auto-raise t)
> and then in *scratch* I start typing something like
> (setq
> A short pause here switches focus to the minibuffer frame and typing
> the subsequent space character gets me
>
> SPC is undefined
>
> Obviously, eldoc intervenes here since doing the same with Emacs 24
> proceeds without problems.
>
> I'd like to know whether people using separate minibuffer frames see
> this problem, circumvent it by not using 'minibuffer-auto-raise' or
> disabling 'eldoc-mode' or whatever exists to handle this behavior in a
> reasonable way.  If there was a previous discussion about this, please
> point me to it.

I mention this because you asked about uses of standalone
minibuffer frames.  But I'm pretty sure it won't help you.
I didn't try from `emacs -Q', and my setup is far from
`emacs -Q'.

I use a standalone minibuffer frame.  I have eldoc turned
on and `minibuffer-auto-raise' = t.

I don't see (e.g. with Emacs 26) what you describe.  In my
case focus does not switch to the minibuffer frame.

I'm using MS Windows.  Perhaps the window mgr is involved
here, switching the focus to the minibuffer frame in your
case?