Re: Help using the right hook for loading theme on emacs daemon GUI

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Help using the right hook for loading theme on emacs daemon GUI
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 16:11:36 +0200

> Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 16:47:59 +1300
> From: Phil Sainty <address@hidden>
> Cc: Emacs developers <address@hidden>
>
> It's true that just running 'emacs -nw' does not run that hook for the
> initial frame -- but then neither does it run for the initial frame
> when you start 'emacs' in GUI mode, so the "no-window mode" part does
> not seem relevant.

I think the comment is relevant, because in GUI mode we create a GUI
frame early during the startup and then delete the initial frame.  So
from the user's perspective, starting Emacs in GUI mode does run the
hook for the first frame displayed to the user.  The importance of
that should be obvious: users who want to have their initial
customizations triggered by this hook will not see them for the
initial displayed frame when starting Emacs in text mode.