Re: Finding the dump

From: Andreas Schwab
Subject: Re: Finding the dump
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 11:32:57 +0100

On Jan 27 2019, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

> Given that there can be several dumps for a given `emacs` executable,
> I think it would make a lot of sense to try and support the creation of
> executable dumps (e.g. with a shebang which only needs to look for the
> one-and-only corresponding `emacs` executable regardless of argv[0]).

I think the best option would be to add the fingerprint to name of the
dump file.  That way the dump file would have a fixed name, independent
of how the corresponding emacs binaries is named, or how it is called.
It would just try to load emacs-${fingerprint}.pdmp, and always find the
right one.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, address@hidden
GPG Key fingerprint = 7578 EB47 D4E5 4D69 2510  2552 DF73 E780 A9DA AEC1