Re: w32 master branch: "make[2]: *** [calendar/cal-loaddefs.el] Error 3"

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: w32 master branch: "make[2]: *** [calendar/cal-loaddefs.el] Error 3"
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2019 16:07:23 +0300

> Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2019 17:35:18 -0700
> From: Keith David Bershatsky <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> I am still struggling, however, with building a patched version from
> 03/28/2019 (containing a proof concept of the multiple fake cursors feature).
>  There is only one new lisp file (crosshairs.el), which has six (6) of these:
>
> ;;;###autoload
>
> For each loaddefs.el, I see a loop of what seems like somewhere between 50
> and 100 repetitions until the build process moves on to the next loaddefs.el
> file; and, the loops look like this:
>
>   c:/docume~1/admini~1/desktop/emacs/lisp/loaddefs.el and c:/Documents and
> Settings/Administrator/Desktop/emacs/lisp/loaddefs.el are the same file

They are just warnings.

> In the Console2 terminal using the MinGW_32 goodies, I do the following:
>
> cd /c/docume~1/admini~1/desktop/

I think this is the cause of your problem, right there: you are using
short 8+3 aliases of long file names.  Why are you doing that?  Just
say

  cd "/c/Documents and Settings/Administrator/Desktop"

> CFLAGS='-O0 -g3' ./configure \
> --prefix=/c/docume~1/admini~1/desktop/trunk \

Likewise here: use the full long file names.

Alternatively, just ignore the warnings, they are harmless.