Re: Comprehensive JSX support in Emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Comprehensive JSX support in Emacs
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2019 11:12:18 +0300

> From: Jackson Ray Hamilton <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2019 23:06:25 -0700
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> I’ve pushed a commit adding a few comments to the code explaining what I
> do in syntax-propertize-function and the rest (“Explain reasonings for
> JSX syntax support design decisions”).

Thanks.  I've made minor changes in NEWS, but please look into fixing
this one:

  *** Indentation uses 'js-indent-level' instead of 'sgml-basic-offset'.
  It was never really intuitive that JSX indentation would be controlled
  by an SGML variable.  JSX is a syntax extension of JavaScript, so it
  should be indented just like any other expression in JavaScript.  This
  is technically a breaking change, but it will probably align with how
  you would normally expect for this indentation to be controlled, and
  you probably won't need to change your config.

Backward-incompatible changes should have a way of reverting to old
behavior.  If there is such a way already, please mention it in NEWS;
if there isn't, can we add a feature to revert to old behavior?