Re: How much I can rely on etc/TODO

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: How much I can rely on etc/TODO
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 18:48:54 +0300

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2019 19:13:33 -0400
>
>   > The last non-trivial change was a year ago.  The one before that, 2
>   > years ago.
>
> It sounds like we're updating the file just fine,
> but we're not doing much works on the tasks listed in it.

Was it ever different?  If it was, I don't remember.

> We're adding a lot of features to Emacs, but not based on plans.

I don't remember Emacs development ever advancing according to plan.
It would be nice to have that, I agree, but I don't think it's
possible in practice.  People work on what they feel like working;
telling them something else is much more important for Emacs is
unlikely to change their preferences.