(elisp) Function Safety

From: Basil L. Contovounesios
Subject: (elisp) Function Safety
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 19:54:01 +0100

While looking into clarifying the documentation of the side-effect-free
property[1], I noticed the safe-function property listed along with its
associated node in the manual, (info "(elisp) Function Safety").

This node makes no mention of the safe-function property or the related
user option safe-functions, both of which are documented in the
commentary of lisp/emacs-lisp/unsafep.el.  That is, until one looks at
the Texinfo source, where this documentation was commented out quite a
while ago[2].

So, my question is why was this documentation commented out?  Is it
still relevant and welcome (probably following some copyedits), or
should it be deleted altogether?

[1]: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2019-04/msg00332.html

[2: a68defffda]: (Defining Functions): Explain about redefining primitives. ...
  2003-06-30 10:40:27 +0000

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=a68defffdafbe7e61b8db90d534c04e147b14f91

Thanks,

--