Adding problems to an existing bug report, was: Re: bug#23179: 25.0.92;

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Adding problems to an existing bug report, was: Re: bug#23179: 25.0.92; Restore `M-,' to continue etags search
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 00:35:11 +0300

On 29.04.2019 22:32, Juri Linkov wrote:
Actually I don't dislike Debbugs, I just hesitated to create a new report
for such a small problem.  Even if we used another bug tracker like GitLab,
I would try to add this as a comment to an existing issue instead of
creating a separate one.

If it fits, sure. Especially if the solutions might be related.

In this case I hesitated to put a bug number into a commit message where the bug title is entirely different.

So the problem is not in Debbugs, and GitLab
is not a panacea.  Moreover, when working on a project in GitLab, I strive
to do as much work as possible in Emacs, e.g. read MR diffs using vc-git,
but still miss an ability to follow GitLab discussions in Emacs.
Until someone writes Emacs frontend to GitLab discussion lists,
I prefer the current Gnus frontend to Debbugs discussion threads.

Well, I don't use Gnus too much these days, but I know a lot of people do.

Speaking of GitLab clients, here's one: https://github.com/nlamirault/emacs-gitlab

I haven't tried it myself yet, but it seems to include commenting functionality (gitlab-notes.el).