Re: isearch region or thing at point.

From: Noam Postavsky
Subject: Re: isearch region or thing at point.
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 16:38:14 -0400

On Tue, 30 Apr 2019 at 16:05, Ergus <address@hidden> wrote:

> >If you meant the elisp manual, I seem to remember there was a decision
> >to leave subr-x functions out of the manual (can't find the message in
> >the archives right now though).
> >
> Ohh sorry. I didn't know that. I haven't read the header of the subr-x.el
> file. (there is also the eval-when-compile indication) Sorry again.

Oh, I didn't read it either: there is the link to the message I was looking for.

> So I may ask then if it is fine to use these if-let in a function I want
> to add to isearch.el or if these functions are expected to become
> obsolete or are problematic in any sense; so I must use alternative
> implementations??

I can't tell the future, but there's no reason to avoid them at the
moment. Perhaps you are over-using them a bit though. For example,

    (when-let (count (and arg (prefix-numeric-value arg)))
      (isearch-repeat-forward count))

can be simply

    (when arg
      (isearch-repeat-forward (prefix-numeric-value arg)))