Re: Bloat in Windows (revisited)

From: Nikolay Kudryavtsev
Subject: Re: Bloat in Windows (revisited)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 11:52:55 +0300

Hello, Phillip.

I was wondering about this bloat too. So the gist of my question is - do we have to bundle dependencies with their optional stuff due to some reason, like licensing requirements? For example do we really have to bundle everything in Xpm-nox library distribution, or just the dll itself would do, since for running we only need the dll?

Also, some time ago with manual testing I figured lists of dlls we need get fully-fledged Emacs running for each toolchain, to use in a script. See here. Maybe it's gonna help you in your quest.

--
Best Regards,
Nikolay Kudryavtsev